- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For sauce, place tomatoes in a blender; cover and process until
- smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan; add the water, tomato sauce,
- sugar, oregano and celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently
- simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until reduced to 4-1/2 cups,
- stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for crepes, beat the eggs, egg substitute, milk and oil in
- a large bowl. Combine flour and salt; add egg mixture and stir until
- smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For filling, in a large bowl, soak bread in milk for 5 minutes. Stir
- in the egg substitute, green pepper, parsley, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Stir in
- mozzarella. Cover and refrigerate until assembling.
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat. Stir crepe
- batter; pour 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan
- to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook
- 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining
- batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool,
- stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up
- and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and an 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon sauce over top;
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160° Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled crepes equals 319 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 977 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.