Creamy and cheesy with comfort in every bite, this lightened-up classic is sure to become a family favorite at your house, too! —Nancy Langrock, Southbury, Connecticut
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in process cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese until smooth. Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce.
- Remove from the heat; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Macaroni and Cheese in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p19
Reviews for Makeover Macaroni and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review