Makeover Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Place potatoes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and pickle. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 133 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Makeover Loaded Baked Potato Salad
"Delicious! Will make again."
"Love it, made only 1/2 batch and this is a keeper for sure! However, used light mayo, fat free greek yogurt instead of reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese and a tsp. of pickle juice."
"Baking the potatoes really brings a different flavor to the salad. A welcome change from the traditional."
"My family never met a potato salad they didn't like but are leary of reduced calorie or fat offerings. They loved this recipe. It tasted rich and delicious. I have had the original version and this is just as tasty."
"This was really easy to make, and it was very, very good! Even my 4-year old liked it. I used fat free everything and 2% cheese in mine with regular bacon since there were only 2 slices in it. Delicious! It makes a lot, though, so unless you want lots of leftovers or you're having a barbecue with friends or something, you'll probably want to half the recipe."
"This is an excellent recipe! I have made it many times with bacon but tonight, I didn't have any turkey bacon so I heated up some Canadian bacon and put it in the potato salad. It was a very good!"
"I served it warm and it was soooo delish! I got comments that I should open my own restaurant. :)"
"Made it for the second time last night. EXCELLENT!!! Wonderful flavor and such a creative way to make a potato salad!"
"This potato salad is awesome! My husband couldn't get over how perfect the potatoes were since they were baked instead of boiled. Its really easy and I think its quicker than any others."
"<p>Wow, this salad is delicious. Both my husband and I loved it. I will definitely make this again.</p>"
"This was a big hit it is delish!!!!"