Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese Recipe
This rich linguine casserole recipe eliminates nearly half the saturated fat from the original—but keeps the creamy texture and distinctive Swiss cheese flavor. —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, onion and green pepper. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC