Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese
This rich linguine casserole recipe eliminates nearly half the saturated fat from the original—but keeps the creamy texture and distinctive Swiss cheese flavor.
—Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, onion
- and green pepper. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,