This rich linguine casserole recipe eliminates nearly half the saturated fat from the original—but keeps the creamy texture and distinctive Swiss cheese flavor. —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, onion and green pepper. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p24
Reviews for Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review