Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese Recipe
This rich linguine casserole recipe eliminates nearly half the saturated fat from the original—but keeps the creamy texture and distinctive Swiss cheese flavor. —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, onion and green pepper. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p24
Reviews for Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012
i made with cream of celery soup, don't like mushrooms, very good. reheats very well.
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2011
This was ok, but not something I will make again.
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2011
My family loved this casserole! I left out the green pepper and added peas, yum!
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2011
Very easy to do and flavorful too!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Makeover Main Dish Recipes >