Makeover Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves Recipe
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion, carrot and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight loaves; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
Sort By :
"delicious moist I made the normal version that bryteyz posted as well. loved it"
"These are wonderful! I've made them several times and always a hit! I do us 1lb lean ground beef just for the ease of buying the meat, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also make these in a muffin tin. I've made them in a jumbo muffin tin (6 servings) and in a regular muffin in (12 servings). Perfect portions each time this way. Anyway you decide to make them, they are delish!"
"I added a bit of Worcestershire to the ketchup topping. My family loved it. My husband liked that it tasted like a cheeseburger instead of traditional meatloaf, something different."
"My husband was craving meatloaf but so many recipes have so much fat. I found this recipe and he loved it! Ate 2 more slices for midnight snack and 2 more the next morning for breakfast. Good thing I made two! I was in a rush so I prepared with onion soup mix and omitted the additional seasoned salt and divided the recipe between two meatloaf pans rather than mini loaves. I also omitted the carrots only because I was out. Recipe was great without the carrots but next time I will add to up the "healthy content.""
"Re-vamped this original recipe myself quite awhile ago and no-one can tell the difference - I usually mix the meat: 1/2 super lean beef and 1/2 either the 99% FF ground turkey or ground chicken breast - works beautifully!!"