Makeover Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves Recipe
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion, carrot and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight loaves; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves(17)
Sort By :
These are wonderful! I've made them several times and always a hit! I do us 1lb lean ground beef just for the ease of buying the meat, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also make these in a muffin tin. I've made them in a jumbo muffin tin (6 servings) and in a regular muffin in (12 servings). Perfect portions each time this way. Anyway you decide to make them, they are delish!
I added a bit of Worcestershire to the ketchup topping. My family loved it. My husband liked that it tasted like a cheeseburger instead of traditional meatloaf, something different.
My husband was craving meatloaf but so many recipes have so much fat. I found this recipe and he loved it! Ate 2 more slices for midnight snack and 2 more the next morning for breakfast. Good thing I made two! I was in a rush so I prepared with onion soup mix and omitted the additional seasoned salt and divided the recipe between two meatloaf pans rather than mini loaves. I also omitted the carrots only because I was out. Recipe was great without the carrots but next time I will add to up the "healthy content."
Re-vamped this original recipe myself quite awhile ago and no-one can tell the difference - I usually mix the meat: 1/2 super lean beef and 1/2 either the 99% FF ground turkey or ground chicken breast - works beautifully!!
I have made the original recipe and we actually prefer this one. It is more moist and it seems the flavor of the meat shines through more without so much sweet sauce. We really enjoyed it and will make this version again for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >