- baking soda; add to the butter mixture alternately with lemon juice
- and yogurt.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks
- form. Fold into batter. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use
- paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- For streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar and nutmeg; cut in
- butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake
- at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.