- Coat three 9-in. round baking pans with cooking spray and dust with
- flour; add batter. Bake at 375° for 14-18 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut one cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with a fourth of the spreadable fruit. Replace
- top; spread with another fourth of the spreadable fruit. Top with a
- whole cake; spread with another fourth of the spreadable fruit. Cut
- remaining cake horizontally into two layers; place bottom layer over
- fruit. Spread with remaining spreadable fruit. Top with last layer.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat butters until fluffy. Gradually beat in
- the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel until smooth. Frost
- top and sides of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 395 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.