Makeover Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
Here’s the perfect side dish for summer picnics or fall potlucks—and no one would ever guess that it’s been slimmed down. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, salad dressing, peppers and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 101 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC