Makeover Italian Chicken Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salad dressing mix. In the same skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir the soup, cream cheese, wine, milk and reserved mushrooms into skillet; heat through. Spoon over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken and sauce; sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Italian Chicken(3)
Sort By :
This was so good! I couldn't find the cream cheese it called for so used an italian cheese version from Philadelphia & it was delicious! The mushrooms really took it up a notch.
This recipe is very similar to a favorite recipe in our family called Chicken and Sauce. It was the first meal I made my husband after we got married and we fell in love with it. The problem was the original was so fattening though that I hardly ever made it anymore. Now we are able to enjoy this recipe and not feel so guilty when we eat it.
My hubby was very skeptical after looking at the picture. BUT, he was in love after the first bite! Both my 5 and 2 year olds loved it too! It was easy to make. The only thing I did differently was I cut the chicken breast length-wise so it was thinner and therefore cooked quicker. Because I did that I needed to make more noodles. I covered the dish with foil since I didn't have an oven safe lid. Covering it is very important.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >