- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Drain noodles; stir into sauce. Pour half the beef mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and green onions. Spread over beef mixture. Top with remaining beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Husband’s Dinner Delight
Sort By :
I substituted greek yogurt for the sour cream, and I also used fat free cream cheese. Could that have been the problem? I thought it sounded really good, but the reality didn't pan out. My husband and I both thought the flavor was drab -- it needed seasoning of some sort. My husband found it tolerable by sprinkling Italian seasoning and salt and pepper on it. I thought it was positively nasty, and couldn't eat the leftovers. No way would I fix it again.
This is going to be my "go to" pasta bake recipe. Absolutley delicious!!!
This was great! I followed the directions exactly (with one exception: I subbed Greek yogurt for sour cream) and it turned out great. The hubby enjoyed it as well.