This standout makeover has less than half the saturated fat and way fewer calories than the original recipe. Guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering! Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning until smooth; spread into a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Spoon over cheeses. Spread pizza sauce over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, pepperoni and olives.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Hot Pizza Dip in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Hot Pizza Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2013
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2010
"Really good - I served it with garlic triscuits instead of the bread and it was still fantastic!"