This standout makeover has less than half the saturated fat and way fewer calories than the original recipe. Guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering! Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning until smooth; spread into a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Spoon over cheeses. Spread pizza sauce over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, pepperoni and olives.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Hot Pizza Dip in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Hot Pizza Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2013
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2010
"Really good - I served it with garlic triscuits instead of the bread and it was still fantastic!"