Makeover Hot Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1/2 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Melba rounds or crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, seafood seasoning, mustard, soy sauce and garlic salt. Stir in the crab, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Serve warm with melba rounds or crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without melba rounds or crackers) equals 91 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Makeover Hot Crab Dip
"Great straight out of the oven but not as good when room temperature."
"This is really good but I used fresh black fin crabmeat from the seafood section of my grocery store. I'm amazed that someone from Cambridge would use imitation or canned crabmeat. hailing from Tappe, I only use the real thing!!!"