"I lightened up a recipe for traditional crab dip with reduced-fat and fat-free sour cream and cheeses," notes Cammy Brittingham from Cambridge, Maryland. "Feel free to experiment with different cheeses to suit your tastes. This is great for a party because you can make it a day ahead and refrigerate it.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1/2 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Melba rounds or crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, seafood seasoning, mustard, soy sauce and garlic salt. Stir in the crab, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Serve warm with melba rounds or crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Hot Crab Dip in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p19
Reviews for Makeover Hot Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review