Makeover Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; keep warm and stir occasionally.
- 2. In a double boiler over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolk, lemon juice and water until mixture begins to thicken and coats the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in milk mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: about 3/4 cup.
2 tablespoon: 68 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Hollandaise Sauce
"This was delicious! However, it was a bit too lemony...next time I will make it with only 1 tablespoon of lemon juice."
"This was a very good recipe, which I used for my version of eggs benedict. The sauce was creamy and full of flavor. It was fairly lemony, but that may have been because I used organic, real lemon juice, which I think is highly concentrated. Overall, it was fabulous - as good as any other eggs benedict I've ever had. I used polenta rounds browned in oil in place of english muffins - wonderful!"