- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups plus 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, water and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Holiday Pumpkin Bread
"Why couldn't the sugar be replaced by splenda, cutting calories and carb ct significantly? Maybe you tried that and it didn't work."
"easy and great tasting! It is very moist and has just enough nuts. I have made it several times within the last month and plan to pass the recipie on to friends and family."
"I've been making this recipe for years, as it's one of my kids' favorites. The sugar sprinkled on top gives it a crunchy, sweet crust."