- addition. Beat in molasses and applesauce (mixture will appear
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, salt,
- baking soda and cloves; add to shortening mixture alternately with
- milk. Fold in raisin mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 208 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.