Makeover Hash Brown Casserole
“This new revised and lightened-up recipe is just as tasty as the original full-fat version!” —Kelly Kirby, Westville, Nova Scotia
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine
- cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 203 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.