Makeover Hash Brown Casserole
I wanted a hash brown casserole I could feel good about eating. This light version keeps the cozy flavor while nixing a lot of the fat. —Kelly Kirby, Shawnigan Lake, BC
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first seven
- ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with melted butter; sprinkle over
- top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 136 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.