Makeover Hash and Eggs Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corned beef and pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, fry eggs as desired. Serve with corned beef hash. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Hash and Eggs(2)
Sort By :
Loved this. However, 1/4 cup water was not nearly enough. I kept adding water. I also added a splash of Worcestershire sauce, more black pepper, and a bit of Herbes de Provence for a little more flavor. It made closer to 8 servings than 4.
I just made this for breakfast this morning. My husband and I both enjoyed it, and it's a fairly simple recipe, so I know I'll be making this one again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >