- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked lean ham slices, cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and thyme until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add 1 cup cheese and mustard. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold in the potatoes, ham, carrots and parsley. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Ham 'n' Potato Bake in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p15
Reviews for Makeover Ham 'n' Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2008
"Very good. My kids gave it high ratings. I didn't have fat free anything (2% milk, reg cheese)."