Makeover Greek Spaghetti Recipe
“My hot dish recipe is delicious but not very healthy,” writes Melanie Dalbec of Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. “I would love it if you could make it over.” This comforting version offers all of the goodness you’d expect from a casserole with nearly 60% less fat than Melanie's original recipe.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to saucepan. Stir in the chicken, spinach, soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onion, green pepper, pimientos and lemon-pepper.
- 2. In a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bouillon. Pour over spaghetti mixture and mix well.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full). Top with mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 442 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Greek Spaghetti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC