Makeover Greek Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to saucepan. Stir in the chicken, spinach, soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onion, green pepper, pimientos and lemon-pepper.
- In a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bouillon. Pour over spaghetti mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full). Top with mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Greek Spaghetti
Sort By :
I agree with the comments that state "good not great" - "too crunchy" and "needs something." I added chopped kalamata olives and 2 garlic cloves and we were still not overly impressed (although it looks great going in and out of the oven). I used whole wheat pasta as well. I will not make this again.
Yes, I would make this again- but with several adjustments. My family and I felt it was too creamy- I think not adding the flour/milk mixture would help. I also used wheat pasta and though it was meant as a joke from a previous reviewer, next time I will add olives and feta instead of mozzerella! Just needs some more flavor.
Recipe can stand further "tweaking". I used whole wheat pasta, fat free mayo and sour cream. Worked well and kept the great taste.
"Good, but not great" were the remarks from my family. Next time, I would boil the onions, celery, and green pepper with the noodles. They were a bit too crunchy in the dish.
Love it. Even my picky kids.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >