Makeover Greek Chicken Penne Recipe
You'll love the big flavors in this hearty pasta dish that's been lightened up. It's perfect paired with a salad.—Susan Stetzel Gainesville, New York
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to the pan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drain pasta; add to the pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 343 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC