Makeover Greek Chicken Penne Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to the pan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drain pasta; add to the pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Greek Chicken Penne(11)
Sort By :
I followed the recipe and loved it.
To cut back on the sodium, i used fresh artichoke (baked in the oven), black olives, and made my own Greek seasonings without salt. Will definitely make again using my substitutions.
Tasty recipe but sodium too high for us so I substituted black olives and half feta/half cubed part skim mozzarella second time I made it. Still great but not so salty. Popular whenever I serve it.
Love this recipe! So light and fresh!
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >