- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add oil, then buttermilk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Between two sheets of lightly floured waxed paper, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned (cover edges with foil during the last few minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a large bowl. Add gelatin mixture; gently toss to coat. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Makeover Grandma's Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe! Can't even tell it is sugar free jello!"
"This recipe will really appeal to fresh strawberry pie lovers. I love how easy it is, with the use of strawberry gelatin."
"Not only is this an amazing pie, but the directions for cooking the crust made the best precooked crust I have ever had."
"I used a regular pie crust recipe. This is such a good recipe."
"This was delicious and easy to make. I also drizzed some chocolate on the top of each piece when I served it. My family loved it."