- foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes
- longer or until lightly browned (cover edges with foil during the
- last few minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a
- wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir
- in water until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat;
- stir in gelatin until dissolved. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a large bowl. Add gelatin mixture; gently toss
- to coat. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping equals 255 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.