- saute onion until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, salsa, chili
- powder, oregano, garlic powder and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly
- Place a heaping 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each
- tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over top.
- Sprinkle one dish with 6 tablespoons cheese; cover and freeze for up
- to 3 months. Bake the remaining dish, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove
- from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 2 dishes (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 enchilada equals 358 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.