Makeover Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
My dad made sure this dessert was on the menu for Father's Day—or else! This makeover version is great. I can't believe so much fat was cut and it still tastes like the original. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg, oil and applesauce on low speed until combined. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a another large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add the butter, eggs, egg whites and vanilla; beat on low until combined. Add the confectioners' sugar; mix well. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC