Makeover Garlic Spinach Balls Recipe
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Stir in spinach until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 meatball equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Garlic Spinach Balls
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.