- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, wine or additional broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Stir in the reserved tomatoes and chicken; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti. Add chicken mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti
Sort By :
"My family loves this dish. A few changes I made was substituting the dried tomatoes for fresh, because I never have dried on hand, and I skip the white wine and use more chicken broth for the same reason, and I subst. oregano for the basil since no one here likes that herb. This dish is also delicious without the chicken as a meatless meal. Highly recommended."
"The first meal was just ok but the following day it was awesome!"
"I have a gluten intolerance, so I used rice noodles and skipped the flour and garlic salt. I added in cornstarch with the broth to thicken. Even my husband liked it!"
"A regular on our menu."
"Very good, will be added to my rotation of recipes. However, I wouldn't consider this a "quick" recipe. It's quick once food prep is finished, but took me about 1.5 hours total from start to end."