- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until
- thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in brown sugar. Beat in the
- baby food, coffee and reserved chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into the
- chocolate mixture. With clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of
- tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist
- crumbs. Cool for 15 minutes before removing sides of pan. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, cocoa, milk and
- vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost
- top of cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 340 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.