Refreshing fruit pizzas are growing in popularity from coast to coast. That's why the Light & Tasty Test Kitchen skimmed the calories and fat from a traditional version, and created this delightful treat. It has nearly half the calories, fat and cholesterol of the varieties you'd find at a gourmet bakery.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange the strawberries, oranges and blueberries on top.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Fruit Pizza in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p15
Reviews for Makeover Fruit Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review