- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange the strawberries, oranges and blueberries on top.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Fruit Pizza
"Great makeover for a dessert we eat a lot in the summer. The crust appeared to not hold together well, so I may change amount next time, but when it was cut it all stayed together! Family said they liked this one better than the previous recipe that used a whole sugar cookie mix as crust! A keeper!"
"I prefer a bit of a more pastry-like, less crumbly crust, but a good recipe."
"I absolutely love this recipe and have made it countless times! I personally prefer it without the glaze, I think it makes it taste much more fresh. Also, I like to load it with all types of fresh fruit."
"I made this for a housewarming party and before I knew it there were just crumbs on the tray. I got so many compliments; so simple and yet an amazing treat!"
"I have made this several times. It makes a spectular looking dessert. Guests always ask for the recipe. In order to make the crust easier to manage, I increase the ingredients by half (less make-over). I use in-season/on-hand fruit and have used orange juice to supplement the pineapple for my favorite results."