- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange the strawberries, oranges and blueberries on top.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Fruit Pizza
"Great makeover for a dessert we eat a lot in the summer. The crust appeared to not hold together well, so I may change amount next time, but when it was cut it all stayed together! Family said they liked this one better than the previous recipe that used a whole sugar cookie mix as crust! A keeper!"
"I prefer a bit of a more pastry-like, less crumbly crust, but a good recipe."
"I absolutely love this recipe and have made it countless times! I personally prefer it without the glaze, I think it makes it taste much more fresh. Also, I like to load it with all types of fresh fruit."
"I made this for a housewarming party and before I knew it there were just crumbs on the tray. I got so many compliments; so simple and yet an amazing treat!"
"I have made this several times. It makes a spectular looking dessert. Guests always ask for the recipe. In order to make the crust easier to manage, I increase the ingredients by half (less make-over). I use in-season/on-hand fruit and have used orange juice to supplement the pineapple for my favorite results."
"Just me again, I did write out the glaze with too much cornstarch. Best bet is to experiment a little bit. Approx 4 tablespoons of cornstarch with appropriate amount of water to make it work is the best. Sorry about that mix up."
"I made this one time for my family and everyone loved it plus its healthy most of my family members are diabetic so they were able to have some to. I'm making it again this weekend for my friends. I highly recommend this recipe."
"I really enjoyed this recipe, but there is one thing that needs to be added. I have a pizza pan at home, but it has holes in the bottom. Not a good idea, since all the butter started melting and smoked out my kitchen."
"It took me more than the 30 minutes to prepare but the results were excellent. I used fresh pineapple, strawberries and white grapes and they were delicious and so fresh tasting. I brought this this pizza to a party and everyone loved it too."
"Super simple & delicious! Will make it over & over!!Try it everyone!!"