Makeover Frozen Grasshopper Torte Recipe
Who doesn’t love the frosty, refreshing combo of mint and chocolate? Even better when it comes in the form of an awesome ice cream dessert! This Taste of Home Test Kitchen makeover is just as good as the original. The crunch of the chocolate crust and creamy mint filling make a great pair. Although softer-set than the original, this dessert won’t stick around long enough to melt!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + freezing YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust; freeze.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine marshmallow creme and milk; stir until well blended. Add extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over ice cream and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze until firm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC