Who doesn’t love the frosty, refreshing combo of mint and chocolate? Even better when it comes in the form of an awesome ice cream dessert! This Taste of Home Test Kitchen makeover is just as good as the original. The crunch of the chocolate crust and creamy mint filling make a great pair. Although softer-set than the original, this dessert won’t stick around long enough to melt!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust; freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine marshmallow creme and milk; stir until well blended. Add extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over ice cream and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze until firm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Frozen Grasshopper Torte in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p27
Reviews for Makeover Frozen Grasshopper Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review