Makeover Frozen Grasshopper Torte Recipe
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust; freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine marshmallow creme and milk; stir until well blended. Add extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over ice cream and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze until firm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Frozen Grasshopper Torte
Sort By :
Was nervous about this recipe being too sweet, but it was the perfect thing to bring to a thanksgiving affair! It's diabetic friendly which is even better!! I'll definitely make this again!
This was so pretty I just couldn't resist. However, the bottom layer didn't set at all, the crumbs didn't stick to each other and got everywhere. I'm not sure what would fix it, and I didn't want to add a ton more of butter. The taste was good though, and it's very easy to make.
My mother-in-law made this torte for my daughter's 10th birthday. It was a huge hit with everyone! She said it was easy to prepare and we all agreed it was delicious. YUM!!!
This frozen torte was a big hit at our family's Memorial Day cookout! It was a breeze to prepare. The minty flavor was very refreshing on a steamy, hot day making this just the right dessert! My husband has already requested that I make this again for his birthday next month, so it's a keeper recipe for sure!