- and fluffy. Gradually add flour and cornstarch (mixture will be
- crumbly). Stir in pecans. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and confectioners' sugar until
- fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze
- for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt
- and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice,
- butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Transfer to a bowl;
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread lemon mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and freeze for 1
- hour. Fold lemon peel into whipped topping; spread over lemon layer.
- Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer 15
- minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 240 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.