Makeover Four-Cheese Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or large kettle, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the soup, cream cheese, milk, half-and-half and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Add chicken and cheeses; mix well. Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 751 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.