Makeover Fiesta Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (8-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the corn, egg whites and applesauce (mixture will appear curdled).
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, chilies and pimientos.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Fiesta Corn Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p9
Reviews for Makeover Fiesta Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review