Makeover Farm Girl Breakfast Casserole
“I served this lightened-up makeover casserole to my husband, Ken. He said it was fluffy—and very good!” —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg substitute on medium-high speed
- for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine flour and
- baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in
- the cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese and chilies.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 210 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium,