“I served this lightened-up makeover casserole to my husband, Ken. He said it was fluffy—and very good!” —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg substitute on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese and chilies.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Farm Girl Breakfast Casserole in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p23
Reviews for Makeover Farm Girl Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review