Makeover Fancy Bean Casserole
“My daughter gave me this wonderful recipe, and I’ve since shared it with many of my friends.” This lightened-up version retains all its crunchy, creamy goodness.
Venola Sharpe, Campbellsville, KY
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven
- ingredients. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook
- and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through and topping is
- golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,