Makeover Fancy Bean Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Fancy Bean Casserole
"I prepared this casserole for Christmas and it was absolutely delicious.The only things different I did was to use regular and not low fat ingredients and also did not put in chestnuts because my family does not care for them.I give this a thumbs up and definitely will make it again."
"I used the regular versions of everything, and it was a hit! So good!"
"i made this recipe for thanksgiving last year and it was such a great hit, i am making it again this year, everyone loved it!!!"
"I made this recipe for thanksgiving last year and it was such a great hit, i am making it again this year. everyone loved it!!!"
"This was a very good twist on the gold standard!"
"This is GREAT"
"Loved this recipe with a few changes. Don't care for chestnuts or onions much, so deleted those and used chile con queso instead of velveeta! Then deleted the crackers and almonds and crumbled Tomato/Basil Wheat Thins on top - just delicious!"
"This was a hit at our Thanksgiving this year! I will be making this one again for sure!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it, even the Grandma's who love the traditional green bean casserole. They even asked me for the recipe! I will make this often."
"The first time I fixed this, my family ate it all. I will definitely fix it again."
"This was a new twist on the usual green bean casserole. It was a huge hit at my house and even better as leftovers."
"I served this recipe on two different occasions. Guests commented on how tasty it was and requested the recipe. Excellent"