Makeover Fancy Bean Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 213 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Fancy Bean Casserole
"I used the regular versions of everything, and it was a hit! So good!"
"i made this recipe for Thanksgiving last year and it was such a great hit, i am making it again this year, everyone loved it!!!"
"I made this recipe for Thanksgiving last year and it was such a great hit, i am making it again this year. everyone loved it!!!"
"This was a very good twist on the gold standard!"
"This is GREAT"
"Loved this recipe with a few changes. Don't care for chestnuts or onions much, so deleted those and used chile con queso instead of velveeta! Then deleted the crackers and almonds and crumbled Tomato/Basil Wheat Thins on top - just delicious!"
"This was a hit at our Thanksgiving this year! I will be making this one again for sure!"
"The first time I fixed this, my family ate it all. I will definitely fix it again."
"This was a new twist on the usual green bean casserole. It was a huge hit at my house and even better as leftovers."
"I served this recipe on two different occasions. Guests commented on how tasty it was and requested the recipe. Excellent"