- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or
- until desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. Place flour in a
- separate shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs,
- salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning. Dip eggplant slices
- into flour then in egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Place on
- baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning once. Meanwhile,
- cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Spoon 2 cups sauce over eggplants; top with cheeses. Bake 4-5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted.
- Drain spaghetti. Serve remaining sauce over spaghetti; top with
- eggplant slices. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 505 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.