Makeover Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, sugar blend, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Easy Apple Cake(16)
Sort By :
I'm going back to my apple cake recipe before the makeover; bland and not very good.
what is the ingredient "sugar blend"?
made it and my grandaughters ages7 & 4 thought it was delicious...
This cake was delicious. Everyone who had a piece just loved it. We have 2 very small apple trees that have prodiced a bumper crop of apples this year. They will definitely help in making this cake again,
My whole family loved this cake... I used 1 cup of sugar instead of 3/4 c + 1/2 cup sugar blend and it was fine.. Left off the whip cream and had it for breakfast.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >