- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, sugar blend, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Easy Apple Cake
Sort By :
"I'm going back to my apple cake recipe before the makeover; bland and not very good."
"what is the ingredient "sugar blend"?"
"made it and my grandaughters ages7 & 4 thought it was delicious..."
"This cake was delicious. Everyone who had a piece just loved it. We have 2 very small apple trees that have prodiced a bumper crop of apples this year. They will definitely help in making this cake again,"
"My whole family loved this cake... I used 1 cup of sugar instead of 3/4 c + 1/2 cup sugar blend and it was fine.. Left off the whip cream and had it for breakfast."