Makeover Deviled Eggs Recipe
This revised version of a classic appetizer uses only half of the egg yolks of the original recipe and calls for soft bread crumbs to help firm up the filling. The mayonnaise was replaced with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 4 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; refrigerate eight yolk halves for another use. Set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash remaining yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with olives. Yield: 16 servings.
1 stuffed egg half equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Deviled Eggs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC