Makeover Deviled Eggs
This revised version of a classic appetizer uses only half of the egg yolks of the original recipe and calls for soft bread crumbs to help firm up the filling. The mayonnaise was replaced with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; refrigerate eight
- yolk halves for another use. Set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash
- remaining yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, bread crumbs,
- mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish
- with olives. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 halves) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.