Makeover Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; refrigerate eight yolk halves for another use. Set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash remaining yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with olives. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2 halves) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.