Makeover Deviled Eggs Recipe
This revised version of a classic appetizer uses only half of the egg yolks of the original recipe and calls for soft bread crumbs to help firm up the filling. The mayonnaise was replaced with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; refrigerate eight yolk halves for another use. Set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash remaining yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with olives. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Deviled Eggs in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p48
Reviews for Makeover Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
Very good makeover recipe. If you love deviled eggs but are trying to cut back on fat and calories, this is the recipe to use.