Makeover Deluxe Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 ounce herbed fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 small tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender; set aside.
- 2. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; spritz with butter-flavored cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Spread goat cheese over two untoasted sides of bread slices. Top with apple slices and reserved onion; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining slices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 225 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Makeover Deluxe Grilled Cheese
"We really like this sandwich. I have used other soft cheeses and substituted thinly sliced pears for the apples."