Makeover Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1-3/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a food processor. Add the milk, egg substitute, egg, butter and extracts; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole(7)
Sort By :
I know this is a lightened up recipe, but it really seemed to be missing something. It almost seemed like it was just mashed sweet potatoes with no flavoring and a little bit of pecans on top.
Tried this for Thanksgiving and had lots of compliments so I am making it again for Christmas.
Good warm and cold. Used tub margarine instead of the butter; used lemon juice instead of the extract; mashed my sweet potato mixture in my Vitamix. My 14 month old liked it too.
very good. quite tasty.
I like to make this at Thanksgiving. It's so much better than sweet potatoes from a can. My family really enjoys it.
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >