- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk and eggs; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Crunchy Pumpkin Dessert Squares
"This recipe is a hit! Something different from traditional pumpkin pie, very easy, and very tasty!"
"I will be making this with a sugar free came mix, sugar blend and fat free evaporated milk and 0 Cal butter spray, for Thanksgiving. Just a little healthier."
"Tasty but a mess. Does not look like the picture. Followed directions exactly and bottom never solidified to cut into squares. It was like pudding. How does everyone get this out of the pan without everything falling apart?"
"WOW! This was delicious! I have already made it 3 times and given the recipe to several friends that ate mine!! Love this!!"
"I have made this twice and both times used only 1/2 of a butter cake mix and only 1/4 cup chopped pecans. I also used 1/2 stick of reduced fat butter instead of 2 sticks. The second time I used the butter spray which was not as good. Without the butter each piece is about 130 calories. I will definitely make this again and again."
"This had no spices or anything to give it taste, all you tasted was the bitter pumpkin"
"There were 10 of us in the office, and everyone LOVED this!"