Makeover Crunchy Pumpkin Dessert Squares Recipe
By combining Cindy’s efforts with our own, we created a decadent dessert worthy of praises. And with 100 less calories per serving than the original, too! Now that’s something to celebrate at any gathering this year! Cindy Styles — Goldsboro, North Carolina
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk and eggs; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans; drizzle with butter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 246 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC